Hello my lovelies,
It’s winter in Australia and as the days get colder and the nights longer, I have chosen to stay in doors and snuggle under my blanket watching Game Of Thrones. So, to accompany me I have been making this vegetable soup everyday.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 large carrot or 2 small carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1/4 of broccoli
- 1 tbsp. coconut spread
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1tsp. sage
- 1tsp. thyme
- Chop the potatoes, broccoli, and carrots into bite size pieces.
- In a pot place the coconut spread into the pot and wait for it melt.
- Once melted put in the flour and stir together until a smooth paste is created. This paste will thicken the soup.
- Pour the stock into the pot and whisk until the paste has disolved into the liquid.
- Add the potatoes as they take the longest to cook.
- Then after 5 minutes add the carrots and broccoli along with the herbs and spices.
- Leave the pot on simmer for 15 minutes and then it’s done.