Hello my lovelies,
So, I’m finally back at school from my mid term break. That means I have resumed meal prepping my lunches. Pretty much what I do is on Sunday night I make a big dish and divide it into 5 different containers. By doing this I save so much time and effort and I don’t have to worry about waking up early to prepare my lunch. This pasta dish has been an absolute favourite of mine because pasta has carbs and carbs give you energy, and I seriously need a lot of energy to get through school.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 1 stalk of broccoli
- 3/4 of a 500g packet of pasta
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large capsicum
- 1 cup of peas
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- Depending on how you want your consistency 3/4-1 jar of pasta sauce
- Cut your stalk of broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- In a pot put some water in until 3/4 of the pot is full. Add your salt and pepper and bring it to a boil.
- Once at a boil pour in your pasta and broccoli for about 15-20 mins or until pasta is al dente and broccoli soft.
- Whilst you wait for your broccoli and pasta to cook cut the onion, garlic and capsicum.
- When the pasta and broccoli is cooked strain and put aside.
- Using the same pot pour in your oil. Sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Then add the capsicum, peas, and cherry tomatoes. Stir around for a couple of minutes.
- When the vegetables start to soften add in the tomato paste along with the pasta sauce. Allow the sauce to simmer for 10 mins.
- Once sauce is cooked stir in the cooked pasta and broccoli.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy.