Looking to satisfy your sweet tooth without harming animals? Then you should definetly try out this recip for cookies.
Ingredients (makes 12 medium sized cookies)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. non-tasting oil e.g. canola
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup of plain flour
- Line a tray with baking paper and set oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl beat the coconut oil and sugar together. If you don’t have a mixer this can make the process longer.
- In a small bowl add your water, oil, and baking powder. Mix together and this is going to be the egg.
- Pour the egg mixture into the large bowl with the coconut oil and sugar. Mix till sticky.
- Now add in your flour until the mixture is combined. I recommend using a rubber scraper because the mixture will stick.
- Once it has all been combined, pick out bits from the dough and turn them into a ball and place on the baking tray. Make sure that there is space between each cookie ball, so they can expand.
- Now pop in the oven for 20 minutes (longer if you want crunchier cookies)
Now decorating is completely up to you. You can add chocolate which I did (I just melted it in the microwave and spread it on the cookies) or you can put apple filling on top.