Long time no see. I have been very busy with my studies, therefore I have struggled to find any spare time for this blog. However, a couple of weeks back I went to a party and the following day I had a killer hangover. Ever since then I have been making this curry to help cure my hangover and honestly it is easy to make and delicious.
Note: This is not authentically Thai. I am not of Thai descent and for this curry I just used whatever vegetables are in my fridge.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 pumpkin
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 5 button mushrooms
- handful of kale
- 2 stalks of spring onions (you can just use a regular onion, I’m a lil extra and use spring onions)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. Thai curry paste (I used a red paste)
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- steamed rice (optional)
- Cut all your veggies into bit sized pieces. I personally like to cut the carrot, zucchini, and sweet potato into half moon shapes.
- In a large pot heat the vegetable oil and add in the spring onions, leave spring onions in the pot for about two minutes.
- Add in all your root vegetables such as the pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato, and zuchinni and stir in the pot for about 3-5 minutes.
- Now you can add in the mushrooms and kale and stir around for about 3 minutes. When 3 minutes have passed transfer the vegetables into a bowl.
- Add the curry paste in the now empty pot. I like to use the same pot because I’m lazy and also by frying the vegetables in the pot they would leave behind some flavouring. Let the curry paste heat up in the pot for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the coconut milk and water and mix till the curry paste has dissolved into the liquid.
- Put the vegetables back into the pot and allow to simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Now you can either eat the curry in a bowl as is or you can have it with rice like I did.
Hope you guys try out this recipe and if you do please let me know in the comments down below. I am very happy to have found some time to write on my blog.
Till next time.