Hello my lovelies,
I don’t know why but today I just wanted to make a vegan dessert, I was tossing up between brownies and donuts and I settled with donuts. This recipe is completely vegan, with no frying, and contains no yeast.
- 1 cup. of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar (I used brown)
- 1 1/2 tsp. of bakng powder
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of soy milk (coconut milk is fine)
- 1/2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar
- ‘Egg’ (2 tbsp water + 1 tbsp oil (I used canola) + 2 tsp. baking powder)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees Celsius
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir together
- In a small pot on low heat put all the wet ingredients into the pot, just until the coconut oil has melted and stir to combine all the ingredients. The wet ingredients should be slightly warm to touch and should not boil.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine together. The mixture should be very soft and fluffy and make sure not to over mix.
- Using a tablespoon scoop out the mixture into a donut tin that has been either greased or lined with baking paper. (I did not have a donut tin so I just used a regular muffin tin and cut a hole out through the middle)
- Place the donuts in the oven for 12 mins. They should be slightly brown on top. Once out of the oven cool them on a cooling rack.
- Once they cooled down I cut the donut in half and cut out a hole into the donut. (I did this so I would be able to place a filling in the middle)
- Now it’s time to decorate! For mine I just topped them with a vegan chocolate spread and peanut butter with banana.
I admit they’re not the most aesthetically pleasing donuts, like the ones that you may see in the shops. But they do give off a very cute rustic feel. Leave a comment down below if you guys tried out the recipe and how it went. Or even just comment your thoughts.