Today I’m going to be sharing with you this very easy noodle stir fry recipe, which is great for either a light dinner or for a packed lunch at work or school. In this recipe I just used ingredients that were lying around my pantry. Obviously you can add and remove vegetables of your choice, just readjust it to your liking.
- 50g. vermicelli noodles
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 stalk of kale
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Place the vermicelli noodles in a bowl and cover it with water and set aside.
- Cut up carrots, zucchini, and kale into equal bite sized pieces.
- In a medium sized pan add oil and add vegetables in the pan. Stir the vegetables around the pan for about 5 minutes, until they are semi-cooked.
- By now the vermicelli noodles should be al-dente (soft) and should not be hard like when you first get them in the packet. Drain the noodles and add it to the pan along with the vegetables.
- Now add in the spices and flavourings such as the soy sauce, turmeric, and pepper and stir until all the vegetables and noodles have been coated evenly.
- Serve and enjoy.
That is it the recipe has been done. As you can tell it is a very easy recipe perfect for lazy cooks, people who are pressed for time, and those on a budget. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this article and leave me your opinions in the comments section,
Hello my lovelies,
So, I’m finally back at school from my mid term break. That means I have resumed meal prepping my lunches. Pretty much what I do is on Sunday night I make a big dish and divide it into 5 different containers. By doing this I save so much time and effort and I don’t have to worry about waking up early to prepare my lunch. This pasta dish has been an absolute favourite of mine because pasta has carbs and carbs give you energy, and I seriously need a lot of energy to get through school.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 1 stalk of broccoli
- 3/4 of a 500g packet of pasta
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large capsicum
- 1 cup of peas
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- Depending on how you want your consistency 3/4-1 jar of pasta sauce
- Cut your stalk of broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- In a pot put some water in until 3/4 of the pot is full. Add your salt and pepper and bring it to a boil.
- Once at a boil pour in your pasta and broccoli for about 15-20 mins or until pasta is al dente and broccoli soft.
- Whilst you wait for your broccoli and pasta to cook cut the onion, garlic and capsicum.
- When the pasta and broccoli is cooked strain and put aside.
- Using the same pot pour in your oil. Sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Then add the capsicum, peas, and cherry tomatoes. Stir around for a couple of minutes.
- When the vegetables start to soften add in the tomato paste along with the pasta sauce. Allow the sauce to simmer for 10 mins.
- Once sauce is cooked stir in the cooked pasta and broccoli.
There you have it a pasta dish that will not disappoint.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy.