Hello my lovelies,
Long time no see! I have seriously missed you guys so much so, I decided to take a break from studying to share with you all this recipe for mixed vegetable soup with noodles. Despite it being spring here in Australia, I managed to catch a cold…most likely because I was studying too hard and stressing myself out too much. I guess I don’t mind being sick if that means I get soup all day, so I can’t complain. This recipe is kind of one those eyeball recipes, so I didn’t really measure out the ingredients.
- 1/2 an onion (red or brown)
- 1 whole broccoli
- 1 whole medium-sized carrot
- 1 zucchini
- Handful of green beans (haricot verts)
- 1 tbsp of oil (any oil will do)
- Water (enough to cover the vegetables)
- Half a handful of spaghetti
- 2 tbsp of veggie stock powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp of rice flour (pretty much you can use any flour as a thickener)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut your veggies into bite sized pieces, I personally like to vary the different shapes of the vegetables
- Turn your stove on medium heat and place a medium-sized pot over and add the oil. Wait for the pot to heat up slightly
- Add the onions just to release some of the fragrance
- Once it starts to lightly brown add in the broccoli, carrot, and green beans and stir it around for a while till the colour starts to brighten
- After a couple of minutes add in the zucchini
- Once the vegetables have turned a brighter colour, add water into the pot. You want to put enough water in so that all the vegetables are submerged. Also add in the spaghetti and veggie stock and stir to disperse the veggie stock evenly.
- Leave the lid half on the pot and leave the soup to simmer.
- Once the soup starts simmering add the rice flour to add as a thickener, and stir the pot until the flour dissolves. By this point add in some more water because the spaghetti will absorb a fair bit of water. I didn’t add in extra water and my soup lacked a lot of liquid.
- Add salt and pepper and leave to simmer with the lid half on for about ten minutes or at least when the veggies are all cooked.
That is pretty much the recipe right there. You can either choose to have the soup on its own or I had it with some baguette because carbs are friends. Hope you guys will try out this recipe and if you do please share with me your thoughts.